You’ll need a springform pan for best results and parchment paper to line it or butter to grease it.
Prepping the Pan
3/4 cup sliced almonds
2-3 T granulated sugar
Place parchment paper in bottom of springform pan or butter the bottom. Sprinkle with the sugar evenly over the bottom of the pan, tipping/shaking as needed. Then spread the sliced almonds evenly over the sugar — Crispy Top Crust is the Pay-Off for this Effort
Ingredients & Instructions for the Cake
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
4 eggs, room temperature
1 1/3 cups flour
1 1/2 T ground cardamom
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/3 sticks of butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, cardamom, and salt together.
- Beat the sugar and eggs for 5 minutes with an electric mixer until rich and fluffy.
- Fold in the flour/cardamom/salt gently into the sugar and egg mixture.
- Next, gently and thoroughly fold in the melted butter.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes until the cake is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Because of the melted butter, the toothpick may be a little damp, but there should be no batter attached to it as you pull it from the cake.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for a few minutes, then run a sharp knife around the inside of the pan, and remove the sides of the pan.
- Flip the cake onto a wire rack and then remove the pan top and parchment paper.
- Let the cake cool before cutting.